Posts Tagged network strategy
If you know me, then you will know one of my irrefutable truth: once you’ve been introduced to me then you will remember me forever. I start noticing that strength of mine when I was still in college and was partying a lot. For some reason, at any party, or event that I was attending, if there was one person that I’ve been introduced to, then that person would come with a big smile and would give me a charming friendly hug with “MAX-MARC” highly pronounced and a distinguished smiley face. More interesting, I noted it was true for people of my age that I’ve been introduced to, but also for my parent’s friends that once got in touch with me or any other older person than me. Today, it’s still the same. People would remember my name easily, remember me easily, remember my voice easily,would remember the last time we met easily, and for the most, they will be enthusiast when getting in touch with me, no matter how much time has elapsed. So, whether you are in business, simple individual between jobs, student…, what is the benefit behind making yourself unforgettable and how do I do it? Folks, this is Max, Your Relationship Strategist, here to add value to the relationship side of your life because RELATIONSHIP MATTERS.
The Benefits of Making Yourself Unforgettable:
- Easy Reconnection – In these days, you will agree with me, it’s hard to stay in touch with all people we know and it’s even harder to stay in touch or to remember the new people of our network. Making yourself unforgettable helps you to reconnect easily with people you haven’t been in touch with for a certain amount of time and therefore it will make it easy to re-socialize, and to skip the painful step of “Don’t you remember me???? At that event???? I was with ….” GRrrrrr!!!!! When you meet an already established contact, it’s an opportunity to take the relationship to the next level, not to go back to the previous step.
- Heart Opener – Making yourself unforgettable is a doorway to enter people’s heart and therefore becoming more intimate to them. When someone recognizes you and comes to see you, the message the person is actually transferring is: “I enjoyed the last time we shared together and would love to have some more enriching time with you.” No one will go to you for a hug if the person do not like you.
- Doorway to Opportunities – It doesn’t matter where you are, who you are, or what you do, one day or the other we all need someone’s help. Making yourself unforgettable helps you to be more referable. People will be more likely to refer you, help you, introduce you, and do business with you. If your CEO can recognize you and remember of the last time you both met, you are more likely to receive an asked promotion then someone he has no idea of and is as valuable as you are. Also, a client who remember you will me more likely to continue doing business with you than going to a competition he doesn’t connect to, if you and the competition have the same offer.
How Do You Make Yourself Unforgettable?
- Treat everyone you meet at anytime like a VIP – To win with people you need to be skilled at giving value to their self-esteem and give them genuine interest. Treating someone like a VIP means you praise the person, you congratulate the person for any achievement you know he did. You show respect to the person. You care for the person and you what the person is up to. Last week I was calling a friend of mine from Los Angeles, who is in the music industry, to invite her to my wedding. She was so impressed when I recall our last conversation and plans she shared with about a yea ago that she couldn’t hide how much such attention means to her.
- Speak from You Heart – When you speak to someone, forget about yourself and speak from you heart. The way you’d love to be addressed, the feelings, and emotions you’d love to be transferred, the sincerity and transparency you’d love to be observed, the discretion you’d appreciate to see in place, make sure you give it also to the person even from the first you get introduced.
- Don’t Be Fake – I definitely believe one of my greatest strength is my ability to stay who I am whoever is in front of me. I love jokes, humility and simplicity and do not take myself too seriously. So when I meet new people or already established contact, I will always drop a joke line. People might not adapt to who you are and they don’t have to, but they will know who you are. How confusing is it to see someone today in a certain way and tomorrow to notice that the person is totally different? Moreover, when you are fake, people can smell it and their trust you will never have.
- Be always enthusiast – Charlie “Tremendous” Jones, the author of Life is Tremendous the best contamination we can give to someone is a peace of joy, our enthusiasm. People do not like to be associated to negative people who always complain or talk rubbish about other people. When you are enthusiast and show it to people, people admire you because you tend to see life in a positive way that is refreshing and inspiring.
Again, whether you are in business, simple individual between jobs, student, assistant, teacher, lazy government employee…you always gain when you make yourself unforgettable. If you need FREE help, let me know by clicking here, if you need some extra help visit my company website Act2be.com and let me help you find the expert that will best help you.
Folks, this was Max and remember…RELATIONSHIP MATTERS.