When I decided to enter the niche of Relationships Coaching, my main goal was to just in lighting up individuals and corporates on the way they handle their business relationships. However, the more I dug into the subject and learned and trained myself through books and practice, the more it comes clear that Relationship Coaching is nothing else but a help I provide to people (business people, corporates, individuals in general) for them to move from the state of “I don’t need this person, I can do all by myself” to the astonishing state of “please, tell me how I can help you, it will be an honor to serve of or to meet up with you again“.
I am actually developing a product that will be presented at my seminars, speaking engagements, and consulting. This products reveals the main axes of what relationship is really made and at the heart of it I say relationship is all about giving and receiving. when I finished school and was thinking whether to go back and work for Southwestern or not, all my actions and connections were driven by the “what can I get from you”, I was out there pretty much just for myself. That’s exactly what the networking jerk really is. It’s the image that many people have when they hear the word “networking.” Today, a I apply those techniques I am about to show you, I better reconnect with people I once neglected by stupidity and the true friendship presence I give them today comes back to me one way or the other.
Here are few techniques for you to stop being or ne to never become a networking dork:
- Be Who You Are – In this age where information has become pretty accessible to all, openness has also become a pretty valuable and much-sought-after attribute. People feel more comfortable at responding with trust when they know you’re dealing straight with them. Same thing fo your emotions, don’t hide them especially if they are good. If you see someone (friend, business partner, potential client, boss) and it feels your heart of joy, then show it. Do it like a dog who sees his master coming from far a distance and starts looking at him, jumping around, and moving his tails, getting ready to jump on him and give licks as soon as the beloved master will be near. How flattering is that? Can you imagine the master turn his back on that loving dog?
- Treat People With Respect – In business, treating people with respect is a MUST. No one will give you his business if you do not treat him the way you’d like to be treated assuming you have the best product in the market.
- Stay Away From Gossip – Gossip do not pay off. As relationship strategist, I can’t suggest anyone to rely on the currency of gossip. All you will gain from it is people realizing that you are nothing but a jerk and that you’re not worthy to be trusted. It won’t do you any good.
- Think About What You Can Bring On The Table – From all the networking opportunity places, I believe social and non-formal places are the bet to generate great relationship connections. Places like at a friend’s dinner or party, at charity event, at an auction, at a company social event, at a group or association social event. The joker here is that you should not come to those party empty-handed. Wherever you go, whenever you meet up with someone, you should always be asking yourself you can I impact in his life, what value can I add for his take away. And this can be just about anything. Do not just the quality, just give.
- Stop Being too Efficient – We generally tend to believe that relationship is more about numbers. That’s not totally true. Reaching out to other s is not a numbers game, the goal when connecting is to make genuine connections with people you can count on. With tat said, the quality of each and every of your connection is as important as the number of your connections. The challenge is to find a way to manage the two variables and that is one of the key I teach at my seminars and speaking engagements and help to do when consulting.
Robert Schuller said that spectacular achievement is always preceded by spectacular preparation. You want to generate more business in this tough economies using your network, then stop being a networking dork or never become one. If you need help, please feel free contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to know my latest tool of professional networking. If you need an expert in other fields that relationship, please visit Act2be.com, we will connect you to experts who will help you reach your goals easier and faster.
I strongly believe more than ever before, today, RELATIONSHIP MATTERS. If you have a question, a comment, please comment.